Even in the midst of my recent health challenges, I continue to believe that we were led to this exact place & time to help build a more connected, resilient, creative community while loving, encouraging, and inspiring the people around us… and so we are currently working on some brave new things in/around our local and online communities including: starting a Wild + Free Homeschool Group and (a separate) Art + Nature Group (for local teens & adults), as well as releasing our new clothing lines & handmade goods.
In the meantime, here are some deeply honest things I want to share, because even though autoimmune/chronic illnesses can be extremely isolating… They don’t have to be!
* I realized today that I have left my house a total of ONE time in the past month. It was for our local Arts Council meeting at my dear friend’s house, just a few miles away… And I honestly couldn’t be more grateful to be even a small part of this creative group… Because community is what makes my heart full!
* My mornings are often good. They are rarely ever pain free anymore, just typically less painful than evenings/nights… And because of that I am so unbelievably thankful for my sweet friends who reach out to me every chance they get & are willing to come by for coffee when I have the energy.
* The last time I mowed my lawn, I could barely walk/went to bed in tears every night for more than a week due to crazy sciatic nerve pain.
* Yoga, walking, and deep stretching help… But I desperately miss running and hiking, and that is often one of my biggest triggers for depression.
* I’ve missed month after month of both Church and House Church meetings this year and last… Yet I am still so grateful to be a part of these beautiful caring communities and look so forward to returning to them soon!
* I’ve missed precious friends’ birthdays, and pregnancies, and baby showers… Yet I still feel completely loved because I trust that they know my heart.
* I don’t always manage to message or call people back… Yet I read every message with a grateful heart that you still make time to reach out to me and love me for who I am.
* Please know that if for whatever reason we haven’t connected in a while… I still love you and understand with all of my heart that life is just busy, and messy, and sometimes hard… and (who knows?) maybe we’ll have another season together again, when we’re meant to.
* And last but not least… autoimmune & chronic illness challenges may have become an every day part of my life, but I refuse to let them define me… So I still work & sew, paint & design, create & write, love & learn along side my children and care for my family… all while focusing on wellness, mindfulness, and finding healthier life rhythms… I just do all of these things a bit slower than I used to.
On a side note: Slow & intentional living is completely a thing now… so at least I’m on trend! (wink, wink)
As a family we feel truly blessed to have support from such generous, kind, creative communities all around us. So… to all of you who love and care for us so well, we thank you… because everyone needs community!